25.6.11

Friday, June 24, 2011

Finally was able to catch up on sleep yesterday, which was much needed. So, I go to school every weekday from 10am - 2pm. Class is great because it is a small, advanced class of 5 people. It's perfect because it allows you to be open and frank with the teacher. I get so much more from a class when it is smaller because I feel connected to the students and the teacher. So after class, I walked around the city with a friend for a bit, and I came right back to the Residencia to nap. Woke up and had the Argentinian friends from the 9th floor (we live on the 3rd floor) come down to our room and watch a movie. We watched Blood Diamond together (it was in English with subtitles in Spanish. Haha, actually, we choose that movie because everyone in the room raved about it; however, 2 people in the room hadn't seen it yet so we decided to watch it. Halfway during the movie, however, those same 2 people fell asleep :) It was great! The brought down mate and we drank mate, watched a flick, laughed, and hung out. Thennnnn we all separated to get ready for the night. Our next door neighbor, Mariano, works at boliches, or night clubs, and he knew of a great place, Groove. So, basically everyone in the Residencia came out and we partied until 6am (we left at 1am). Ooo, before that, we all drank something called Fernet. You see, all the Argentinians drink this Fernet drink mixed with Coca-Cola. It's definitely a unique drink, but I would totally recommend it to others. I'm glad I got to try it, and I'm sure I'll be able to try it again. Okay, so the nightclub scene is great here. Sure, some of the Argentian men are rather aggressive (for example a few guys have grabbed my arm and pulled me to try to get me to talk to them), but most of them sure know how to dance. It was fun dancing with our friends. One guy was incredible! He really knows how to lead a lady in dance. On a good note, the majority of the guys take really good care of the girls. :) Actually, our neighbor, Mariano, is like a big brother. He makes sure my roommate, Ashley, and I are always near and doing okay. Buenas Ondas. :) Haha....this post is all over the place, but again, at least it is a post.

2 comments:

Jessica Weindl said...

I'm so glad you're getting out in the nightlife! Argentina sounds awesome and the people sound amazing!

aranessa said...

Sounds like fun! Thanks for writing, it feels like your not so far away :)