Hahahaha....mkay, I was soooo unbelievably hungover! I didn't even buy much cuzI only spent 3 euros (because that's all that I brought with me. Whew, it was definitely a lesson for me! It made me get my butt into gear. It showed me that I couldn't be ridiculous when school started because I can't handle the aftermath of it. So, I'm glad this happened before school started! Mkay, so, lesson learned! :)
So, we were required to wake up at 9:30 to take a Flemmish class, which was great! I actually speak a little flemmish like ik ben Jeanne (my name is jeanne) and speek u engels (do you speak english)...
Then, as soon as I could, I went back to my room and napped after I got my school books.
I was only able to nap for about 1.5 hours because we had this stellar scavenger hunt around Antwerp with our group members. I'm in a group with two other people. Now, the scavenger hunt was an awesome idea because it familiarized ourselves with the city. I was the map person, and I was grateful for that because now I have a great sense of direction for were things are now. It was also cool being with my group because I got to learn a little about them and their strengths and weaknesses shown through. One of my teammates is excellent at mathematics. The other one is very creative. And me...well, I took on a leadership role.
So, after all this was said and done, some of us got together to start planning our adventures outside of the classroom. Our first one is to Amsterdam!! That's happenin this week!!! :)
2 comments:
Hi Jeanne! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself already! Your flemmish sounds like slang German. I'd love to learn it one day!
amsterdam! and scavenger hunts in belgium...ahhh! i love this! : )
we miss you so much! thanks for doing this blog--definitely keep it up, we like keeping tabs on you. : )
i heard tim told you about his favorite belgium beers----he's really excited about sharing belgium stories with you when you get back. haha.
Post a Comment